6.2.17

team work makes the dream work

Have you ever had one of those "well now I've seen it all" days? You see a puppy getting pushed in a stroller or someone reversing back up the highway on ramp. Things that make you go mmmmmm (cue music)

I ran out to get a quick-pick up meal because after our lovely house guest Noro decided to get cozy with yet another child, me actually preparing something for myself and the one boy left standing just wasn't happening. Lack of sleep, dazed and confused, I'm sure looking like life chewed me up and spit me out- it was a long quick trip.

I was stopped at a light when the guy in front of me hopped out of his trick and proceeded to shimmy under it. I'm guessing to fix a jerry rigged, zip tied part, but honestly I have NO clue. I do know however that when traffic started going again I desperately wanted to swerve into the next lane and go around. Maybe, it was the sleep deprivation but at that moment I had a morbid thought of me swerving to go around the car and another car behind me barreling up and ramming the guy, not realizing it was stopped. So I waited. Not too much longer he shimmied back out from under and gave me a short wave- long enough for me to roll down my window and yell "you dropped your phone" that had fallen as he was getting back up.  I mean, no need to have his bad day turn into a REALLY bad day, right. 

So yea, lesson of the day. It can be quick and unplanned, kindness is taking one minute to make the world or even one little intersection a better place.

Cost: free

No comments:

Post a Comment